Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nästa... Korsvägen.

So, I've been in Göteborg for just under a week now. To be honest with you, dear readers, I LOVE IT.

Josefin started out our stay by grabbing us on Wednesday and taking us around the city. We started out at our hotel, and walked through. I don't remember the name of every street and region, cause I'm terrible with those things, but we saw everything. We saw her school (It looked more like apartment blocks!), Domkyrkan, a bunch of little stores and such... I also bought a mobile phone, because it was about 50 bucks and it was easier to just get that and contact everyone everywhere than to just use skype in the hotel room. I went shopping in a bookstore; I bought three moomintroll books in Swedish, two Astrid Lindgren books (Of course one was Pippi!) in Swedish, Let The Right One In in Swedish, and some stationery.

After a lot of walking and a bit of shopping, we met up with Josefin's parents and had some lunch (yay, meatballs), then we went to "Saluhallen". There was a tea shop called Josefin there! Josefin's mom got me a bag of peppermint tea as a gift from there. :)

Later that day, we went to Nordstan. I bought a few CDs for the concert on Thursday, and a couple Lena Ph CDs. I got BAO's new one as well. I'm sure I bought some other little thing, but I doubt it. After Nordstan, we just walked around the waterfront, saw the opera house, contemplated visiting "the lipstick", and such other things. We had dinner chez Josefin, and looked at one of her dad's old photo albums. Good day.

Thursday was a great day! Josefin didn't want to come because it started out rainy, but it stopped raining by the time we got there. Celicia and I went to see a free concert in Borås. We saw Tre Ess: Shirley Clamp, Sanna Nielsen, and Sonja Alden. We met a really nice girl named Paulina there, who is a very well-known fan of Shirley's (she was borrowing Shirley's umbrella!), and then we met a not so lovely man. Some stoned asshole was trying to ~*INAPPROPRIATELY TOUCH*~ us and steal from us, but my dad, the superhero, came over and threatened to call the police, which eventually made this guy's balls ascend into his body and run off. After a few opening acts, none of which were terrifically remarkable, Tre Ess came on stage. We were in THE FRONT ROW (and you can see us, if you look closely, in the BT [www.bt.se]), and I got about 900 photos. Not all of them were fab.

After that, Paulina told Shirley that I had come all the way from Canada. Not only did Tre Ess sign all my CDs, they signed MY ARM, and I got in a photo with them. Pretty great, eh?

Friday, we went to Liseberg, but I'm dead now. I shall update about Friday, Saturday and Sunday tomorrow, readers! These have been busy days, but rest assured, I have not forgotten about you.

Vi hörs!
~m

(ps, the title name is the tram stop right outside our hotel. i hear this phrase a sickening amount of times per day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment