Saturday, July 11, 2009

Eight.

Mm. So, there's eight days left until I get on a plane to Reykjavik. Okay, so it's technically Keflavik. Whatever. There's no accents on those i's, either. Is that the correct way to pluralise a single letter?

Enough of that. My dearest, darling Sigrun has volunteered to shepherd my father and me around Iceland's sunny old capital. We're going to the blue lagoon, which is pretty exciting. Here's a photo, for those of you who have never seen it:




Yep. Fairly pretty, don't you think? I do.

After a day in Iceland with our fabulous host, we're flying to Stockholm. Now, you may be asking yourself, "Stockholm? I thought you were going to Göteborg first!" Well, Stockholm and train tickets were cheaper than flying into GBG. God damned seasonal flights. The flight takes significantly less time than the flight from YYZ to KEF, seeing as Iceland is much closer to Europe than North America.

Fun fact: Our train has Wi-Fi. THAT IS SO MANY TYPES OF AWESOME.

Once we get to Göteborg at seven pm or something, we don't know what we'll do for the rest of that day. Maybe we'll take Josefin and her family out for dinner. Maybe they'll feed us. Maybe we'll do karaoke. GOD, I don't know.

On the 22nd, we're really not doing anything in particular. We're really only wandering around the city, shopping, seeing sights, taking photos, and all that jazz.

The 23rd of July is when the real fun starts, at least for me. My friend Celicia told me about this concert in Borås. Tre Ess. Means Three S's, according to her. Shirley Clamp, Sanna Nielsen, and Sonja Aldén. Shirley Clamp is one of my favourite Swedish singers, so I nearly excreted a house when she told me. Here's a photo of Shirley, and one of her songs.


(o hai i can has knit hat liek marlo?!)


Here's a youtube link to Med Hjärtat Fyllt av Ljus. (uh, yeah. it's totally live. expect faults. she usually sounds better, but i loooove this song. this fact may surprise some of my friends.)
It's from this year's Melodifestivalen. If you don't know what that is, it's the Swedish pre-selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. If you don't know what ESC is, I suggest looking it up on Wikipedia, then watching at least 100 clips of it on youtube. SO FUNNY. Watch it online in 2010! It's in Norway! Good times.

On the 24th, we're going to Liseberg. HELL YES ROLLERCOASTERS AND FAST STUFF AND OVERPRICED FOOD AND VOMITING CHILDREN HOT DAMN. That's all I have to say.

I'll continue later. Don't want to use up all my week+1's material in one day. :P I'll have more when I go, but for now, I have to pace my stuff.

Peace.

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment